- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted and crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin pan.
2. In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a larger bowl, beat sugar,
eggs, and zests until pale and fluffy. Add vinegar and milk; slowly beat in oil. Combine
with flour mixture; stir by hand just until blended. Add almonds. Fill liners almost to top.
3. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan, 10 minutes. Put muffins on wire
rack; cool 5 minutes more.