- 3 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup white rice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- cinnamon to taste
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almonds — optional
1. Combine milk and rice in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 hour with the lid on until the rice is soft.
3. Remove from heat and add the sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and cinnamon.
4. Sprinkle toasted almonds on top and serve warm.
5. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Try using brown rice instead of white to for extra fiber. This yummy dessert contributes ½ cup toward your daily goal of 3 cups milk.