- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 small pineapple, cubed
- 5 oranges, segmented
- 2 red apples, cored and diced
- 1 banana, halved lengthwise, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons cream sherry
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
Preheat the oven to 325 F. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a plate to cool. Add the coconut to the sheet and bake, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer immediately to a plate to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, apples, banana and sherry. Toss gently to mix well. Divide the fruit mixture evenly among individual bowls. Sprinkle evenly with the toasted almonds and coconut and garnish with the mint. Serve immediately.