- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- ¼ cup non-fat honey mustard
- 2 crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces low-fat Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat panini press on medium heat. If you don’t have a panini press, just use a non-stick skillet.
2. Lightly spread honey mustard evenly over each slice of bread. Layer apple slices, cheese, and arugula leaves over 4 slices of bread. Top each with remaining bread slices.
3. Lightly coat panini press with cooking spray. Grill each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread has toasted. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving.
This sandwich would also be tasty with reduced-fat cheddar cheese. If you don’t happen to have arugula handy, use fresh spinach or leaf lettuce. Enjoy with a glass of fat-free milk.