- 2 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1 cup fat-free skim milk
1. In a blender container combine low-fat ice cream, applesauce and cinnamon or apple pie spice. Cover and blend until smooth.
2. Add fat free skim milk. Cover and blend until mixed.
3. Pour into glasses. If desired, sprinkle each serving with an additional cinnamon.
4. Serve immediately.
Enjoy this smoothie to help you achieve DASH recommendations of 2-3 servings of dairy per day. Replacing 1 cup of low-fat vanilla ice cream with 1 cup of low-fat vanilla yogurt will reduce total calories and fat but the good taste will remain.