- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium apples (such as Rome or Pink Lady), peeled if desired, cored, and quartered
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cardamom or ground cinnamon
- 1 6-ounce container fat-free plain Greek yogurt (such as Fage) or fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup low-fat granola
1. In a medium skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add apples and cook about 5 minutes or until apples are golden brown, turning occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in brown sugar, ginger, and cardamom. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until apples are nearly tender. Remove skillet from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes until apples are tender.
2. Meanwhile, combine yogurt with lemon peel. Divide cooked apples among four individual serving bowls. Top with Greek yogurt. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with granola.