- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and applesauce. Mix well.
2. Soak bread one slice at a time until mixture is slightly absorbed.
3. Cook on lightly greased skillet or griddle over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
To make this recipe even more heart healthy, use 4 egg whites instead of 2 eggs for batter mix. Amp up the flavor with extra cinnamon or even nutmeg! You can also round out this cozy meal with glass of non-fat milk for extra protein, potassium and magnesium.