- 4 Jonagold or Golden Delicious apples
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Peel top 1/3 of apples and hollow out center with a knife. Arrange, peeled end up, in microwave-safe baking dish. Combine coconut, apricots, and orange zest; divide to evenly fill centers of apples.
2. Mix orange juice and brown sugar; pour over apples. Cover tightly with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for 7 to 8 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool before serving.
Fruit forward desserts are a great option when your sweet-tooth strikes. Apples and apricots are both high in fiber and low in added sugars, satisfying your craving and boosting your health. High-fiber foods aid in lowering blood cholesterol levels and preventing heart disease.