- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 8-ounce package torn mixed greens (8 cups)
1. Place chicken breast halves in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade: Stir together 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette, the garlic, and crushed red pepper. Pour marinade over the chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
2. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once and brushing with the reserved marinade halfway through grilling time. Discard any remaining marinade.
3. Arrange greens on four dinner plates. Cut grilled chicken into strips. Arrange chicken on top of greens. Serve with remaining 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Makes 4 servings.
4. Broiler method: Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once and brushing with the reserved marinade halfway through broiling time. Discard any remaining marinade.