- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Kidney Beans cooked
- 1/2 cup Wheat Germ
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sage
- 1/2 teaspoon Celery Seed, ground
- 2 cups Whole Hull-Less Barley cooked
1. Cook beans and barley as directed until soft, then mash beans and barley together.
2. Fry onion and garlic in oil until golden. Add to bean/barley mixture along with spices and wheat germ and stir to combine.
3. Form into 4” patties and fry on medium heat until brown on both sides.
Makes about 8 burgers.
Put these burgers on a whole wheat bun with sliced tomato, lettuce and avocado, and pair with a side salad to create a nutritious meal! Substitute bulgur in place of the barley to create a gluten-free version. For a delicious Greek-yogurt aioli topping, mix together plain Greek-yogurt, minced garlic, lemon juice and black pepper.