1 large cucumber, halved lengthwise and crosswise and seeded (2 cups)
1 small red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips (1/2 cup)
1/2 cupsnipped fresh cilantro
Cilantro sprigs and red chili pepper slices (optional)
1. Cook and stir jalapenos and cumin in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet for 1 minute. Add beans; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Stir in broth and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring often. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; heat in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes.
3. Spread 4 to 5 teaspoons of the softened cream cheese on each warm tortilla; spoon 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture on top of the cream cheese layer, just below the center of each tortilla. Top with cucumber, sweet pepper, and snipped cilantro.
4. Fold in tortilla sides; roll up. Cut each burrito in half; serve with salsa. If desired, garnish serving plate with cilantro sprigs and chili pepper slices. Makes 16.
Sarah Carter is a health coach and dash diet advocate. Once Struggling with weight and hypertension, she turned to the dash diet which helped her to keep her hypertension in check and helped her keeping active and healthy lifestyle. She now actively blogs and coaches clients in discovering a new and healthy eating lifestyle.
We're committed to bringing you the best in health and helping you discover the wonderful world of the DASH diet. If you're looking to control your blood pressure, hypertension, or just looking to get into great health, we're here to help.
- Increase intake of fiber, potassium, calcium and magnesium
- Keep fat at low levels (7-8% of total calories), especially saturated fat
- Keep sodium at low to moderate levels (2400-3000mg/day)