- 12 ounces asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean beef sirloin or tenderloin, trimmed of fat and very thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence, crushed
- 1/2 cup marsala
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Hot cooked rice
1. Snap off and discard fibrous stem ends of asparagus. Bias-cut asparagus into 2-inch pieces; rinse and drain well.
2. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Cook and stir beef, carrot, salt, and pepper in hot oil for 3 minutes. Add asparagus and herbes de Provence; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Add marsala and lemon peel; reduce heat.
3. Cook, uncovered, 3 to 5 minutes more or until beef is cooked through and asparagus is crisp-tender. Serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.