- FOR THE PURPLE LAYER:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup non-fat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 ¼ cup non-fat or low-fat milk
1. Blend the ingredients in a blender.
2. Pour about ½ cup of the smoothie mixture into your molds or cups. (Depending on the size of your mold you may need more or less mixture per popsicle)
3. Freeze for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the freezer and insert the sticks then freeze them for one hour or until hard.
Fresh fruit popsicles are a fun and special way to entice your family to eat a wider variety of fruits! They fit perfectly into the DASH diet plan by providing fruit and low-fat dairy in a low calorie, low sugar treat that is packed with antioxidants and calcium. Experiment with other fruit and yogurt combinations to make layered popsicles; the possibilities are limitless.