- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet apple, peeled, cored, and cut into ¼-inch wedges
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Confectioners’ sugar
1. Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 450°F.
2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat, then transfer 1 Tbsp to a blender. Add apple wedges to skillet and cook, turning once, until they start to soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Arrange wedges around edge.
3. Meanwhile, mix milk, flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt with butter in blender until batter is smooth. Pour over apples and transfer skillet to oven. Bake for 15 minutes, or until pancake is puffed and golden. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
Cook’s note: Gala or Golden Delicious apples work especially well in this recipe.
Dress ’em up!
Set out bowls of these toppings and let your breakfast eaters customize their plates.
• Coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
• Dried cranberries
• Maple syrup
• Whipped cream
• Vanilla yogurt
• Cinnamon sugar