- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned whole oatmeal (raw)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dry milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare a muffin tin with grease or spray with cooking oil.
2. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a bowl. Mix the other ingredients (milk, dry milk, oil, and egg) in another bowl.
3. Pour wet ingredients in with the dry, and then partially mix. Add blueberries. Gently stir. Batter should still be lumpy. Scoop into muffin tins.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are brown on edges. Serve warm or cool on a rack and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Try substituting half the flour with whole-wheat flour for added fiber, vitamins and minerals.