- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 pound kale, tough stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or broth
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the kale and vegetable stock. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the kale is wilted and some of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes and cook uncovered until the kale is tender, 5 to 7 minutes longer. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.