- 1 ¾ cups cooked, pureed pumpkin (15 ounce can)
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts or hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, and oil thoroughly. Blend dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture. Add raisins and nuts.
3. Drop by teaspoonful’s on greased cookie sheet, 1 inch apart. Gently flatten each cookie (use a spoon, bottom of glass, or palm of your hand). Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
Note: If you do not have pumpkin pie spice, use 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon ground ginger.
You can substitute raisins with golden raisins, unsweetened dried cranberries or cherries. These cookies are a great way to add a little extra fruit and nuts to your day while enjoying a DASH friendly treat.