- Two 5 ounce halibut fillets
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
3. Line a broiler pan with foil and place fish on top, skin side down. Spread half the yogurt sauce over fish fillets. Put fish 4 inches under broiler and cook for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork and topping is golden.
4. Serve warm with remaining yogurt sauce on the side.
Fish is full of omega 3 fatty acids, which are good for the heart. Make this a meal by serving with brown rice tossed with apricots, and a steamed vegetable.