- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted*
1. Trim stems and remove any wilted outer leaves from Brussels sprouts; wash sprouts. Halve Brussels sprouts. In a very large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
2. Add broth to sprouts. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Uncover and continue to simmer about 10 minutes more or until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sprouts are tender, stirring occasionally. Add butter, pepper, and salt, stirring until sprouts are coated. Gently stir in toasted sliced almonds. Serve warm. Makes 12 (about 1/2-cup) servings.
Test Kitchen Tip
You can toast the almonds in advance and store them in a resealable plastic bag until needed. To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring once or twice. Store at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months