- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ cup low-salt vegetable broth
- ½ pound cannellini (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed if using canned beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup (about 2 ounces) coarsely grated parmesan cheese
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over med-high heat. When just about to smoke, add the Brussels sprouts. Cook until brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Transfer Brussels sprouts to a separate bowl.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet; with head still on med-high. Add garlic; sauté until brown, stirring constantly, about 1 minute. Add broth and Brussels sprouts. Cook until Brussels sprouts are crisp-tender, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. Add beans and butter; stir until butter melts and broth is reduced to glaze, about 1 minute. Season to taste with pepper. Stir in cheese.