- For the pancakes:
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp (¼ stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- For the caramelized bananas:
- 3 bananas, sliced horizontally and then cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, melted butter, and egg. Add dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture. Mix until just combined. The batter should be a bit lumpy.
3. Grease a nonstick skillet or a griddle and heat to medium-high. Pour about 1/3-cup batter per pancake onto the griddle. When small bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, they are ready to be flipped (cook 2–3 minutes on each side).
4. Meanwhile, heat maple syrup and bananas in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook until hot and bubbly, about 4 minutes.
5. Serve pancakes immediately with caramelized bananas on top or alongside.