- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1 large egg
1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In another medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, and egg. Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture. Mix until just combined. The batter should be a bit lumpy.
3. Grease a nonstick skillet or a griddle and heat to medium-high. Pour about 1/3-cup batter per pancake onto the griddle. When small bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, they are ready to be flipped, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve the pancakes immediately.