- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 slices best quality multi-grain bread
- 1/4 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 thin slice Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 thin lengthwise slices, peeled seedless cucumber
- 2 or 3 large slices ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
1. Spread the mayonnaise evenly on one side of each bread slice.
2. Mash the avocado with the lemon juice and spread it over the mayonnaise on one slice of bread. Top with the cheese, cucumber, tomatoes and sprouts. Cover with the remaining slice of bread, mayonnaise-side down. Cut in half, wrap up and off to school.