- 1cup chopped carrots
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Assorted dippers (such as toasted whole wheat pita bread triangles, vegetable sticks, and/or whole-grain crackers)
1. In a covered small saucepan cook carrots in a small amount of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender; drain. In a food processor combine cooked carrots, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and salt. Cover and process until mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl. Stir in parsley.
2. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or for up to 3 days. If too thick, stir in enough water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dipping consistency. Serve with assorted dippers. Makes 2 cups, 16 (2-tablespoon) servings.