- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
1. For dressing, in a blender container combine cottage cheese and catsup. Cover and blend until smooth.
2. In a small mixing bowl stir together cottage cheese mixture, egg, onion, pickle relish, and salt. Set dressing aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl combine chicken, celery, and green or red pepper. Add dressing and toss gently to mix. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
4. To serve, divide salad among 4 lettuce-lined salad plates. Garnish with almonds. Makes 4 servings.