- 3 chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
1. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.
3. Add chicken strips and stir fry over medium-high heat, turning constantly until done.
4. Add cabbage and sauté 2 minutes until cabbage is crisp-tender.
5. Mix cornstarch and seasonings; add water and soy sauce, and mix until smooth.
6. Stir sauce into chicken/cabbage mixture.
7. Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Add color to this dish with some sautéed veggies like broccoli, bell peppers, and carrots. Round out your meal with a nice cool glass of low-fat milk and some sliced apples.