- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (7 oz) can chopped fire-roasted green chiles
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2½ cups Fritos (half a 9¼ oz bag)
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium high. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then brown on both sides for a total of 6 minutes. Remove to a plate.
2. To make chili, add onion, garlic, and chili powder to pot, stirring; sauté until tender, 4 minutes. Return chicken to pot; stir in broth, green chiles, and beans.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook for 30 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Add 1½ cups Fritos to a 2-quart casserole. Top with chili, remaining Fritos, and cheese. Bake 15 minutes. Serve with cilantro, avocado, and sour cream, if desired.