- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced, peeled carrots (2 medium)
- 4 cups Maureen's Chicken Broth (separate recipe)
- 4 ounces dried linguini, broken
- 1 cup cooked non-brined chicken breast, cut into desired size (skin and bones removed)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
1. In a large saucepan heat olive oil over medium heat and saute onion and garlic until translucent. Add celery and carrots and continue to saute for another 3 minutes. Add Maureen’s Chicken Broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Stir in linguini; cook and stir until mixture returns to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes more or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Add cooked chicken and fresh parsley. Heat through.