- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 8 ounces tub-style extra-firm tofu (fresh bean curd), drained and cubed
- 2 medium carrots or 2 stalks celery, bias sliced
- 1 cup pea pods and/or sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch-long pieces
- 1 medium red and/or green sweet pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 cups chopped baby bok choy and/or fresh bean sprouts
- 3 cups hot cooked brown or white rice
1. In a large bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon of the oil, the orange juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger, mustard, and turmeric. Add chicken and tofu; stir to coat. Cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
2. In a very large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add carrot or celery; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add pea pods and/or mushrooms; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add green onion and sweet pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in bok choy and/or bean sprouts.
3. Add undrained chicken mixture; heat through. Serve with hot cooked rice. Makes 6 (1 cup stir-fry plus 1/2 cup rice) servings.