- 2 pounds cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse fish and place on rack in baking dish, to drain fat off fish.
3. Mix lime juice, tomato, onion, cilantro, olive oil, peppers, and salt and spoon on top of fillets. Cover loosely with aluminum foil to keep fish moist. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes.
4. Mix cabbage and onion; mix sour cream and salsa and add to cabbage mixture.
5. Divide fish among tortillas. Add 1/4 cup of slaw to each. Fold over and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers within 2-3 hours.
Tender cod and crunchy slaw are a perfect pair in these tangy tacos.