- 4 corn tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped grapefruit segments*
- 1/2 cup chopped orange segments*
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. For chips: Lightly coat one side of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Arrange on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Cool.
2. For salsa: In a small bowl, stir together grapefruit, orange, tomato, cucumber, green onion, cilantro, crushed red pepper, and salt. Makes 8 (1/4 cup salsa and 4 chips) servings
Prepare chips as directed in Step 1. Place chips in an airtight container; cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Prepare salsa as directed in Step 2. Spoon salsa into an airtight container; cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
Test Kitchen Tip
Other varieties of citrus fruits (such as clementines, blood oranges, cara cara oranges, kumquats, and/or tangerines) can be substituted for the grapefruit and/or oranges.