- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas or black beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, or to taste
- 1 bunch green onions (5 green onions)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 avocado (optional)
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain and rinse the black-eyed peas (or black beans) and corn. Finely chop the cilantro and green onions. Dice the avocados and tomatoes. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix oil, vinegar (or lime juice), and salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Pour oil mixture over salad ingredients and toss lightly.
3. Serve with your favorite meal or as a snack with tortilla chips.
This salad is extremely versatile! It is packed with vegetables and flavor. Perfect as a salad, dip or great for topping on a lean meat fresh from the barbeque like chicken breast or fish!