- 1 10-ounce package frozen red raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cranberry-raspberry juice cocktail
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 10-ounce package fresh spinach, stems removed and torn
- 1/3 cup broken walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
1. For dressing, in a blender container or food processor bowl cover and blend or process raspberries till smooth; strain through a sieve to remove seeds. Discard seeds.
2. In a medium saucepan stir together sugar and cornstarch; stir in strained raspberries, and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Transfer to nonmetal container. Cover and chill until serving time.
3. To serve, in a salad bowl toss together spinach, walnuts, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and green onions. Drizzle with half of the dressing. (Cover and chill remaining dressing in a nonmetal container for up to a week to use in other vegetable or fruit salads.)