- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose (plain) flour
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat plain soy milk (soya milk)
- 2 pounds Swiss chard, washed, stemmed and cut crosswise into strips 1/2-inch wide
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Whisk in the flour to make a smooth paste. Continue whisking and add the garlic; cook for 30 seconds longer. Whisk in the soy milk and cook until the mixture thickens slightly.
Add the chard and stir to coat well. Cover and cook just until tender, about 2 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve hot.