- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp honey or agave
- 1/2 loaf French bread, fresh or day old, cut into cubes (4 cups)
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes (half a stick)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Butter, for greasing pan
- Maple syrup or honey, for serving
1. In a large bowl, whisk milk, eggs, vanilla and honey or agave.
2. Add the bread cubes and toss with the liquid mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Add the cream cheese and blueberries and mix gently to combine.
4. Place in a buttered 8×8 inch baking dish or individual buttered 6 oz ramekins.
5. At this point you can refrigerate for up to 12 hours to bake in the morning or continue on with step 6 and 7.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Cover the dish with foil that has been greased with butter or oil, greased side down. If using the 8×8 inch dish, bake for 25 minutes covered and 20-25 minutes uncovered. If using individual 6 oz. ramekins bake for 20 minutes covered and 15 minutes uncovered.
8. Top with desired accompaniments and serve.