- 1 pound fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
- 2/3 cup regular brown rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 medium carrots, cut into thin julienne strips
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillw
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, bring 1-1/3 cups water and the rice to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 40 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add carrots and green beans; cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup water and bouillon granules until granules are dissolved. Add water mixture, shrimp, lemon peel, and dillweed to bean mixture. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, stirring occasionally.
3. To serve, divide rice among 4 bowls. Divide shrimp and vegetable mixture among bowls. Makes 4 servings (1/3 cup rice with 1 cup shrimp mixture per serving)