- 4 small Idaho potatoes (or russet potatoes)
- 4 Tbsp bacon fat
- 1 tsp kosher salt
1. Scrub and rinse the potatoes, but do not peel them.
2. Place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat; preheat for 5 minutes.
3. While the skillet is heating up, grate the potatoes using the largest holes of a box grater. Remove moisture from them. (read my quick trick above.)
4. Add the bacon fat to the skillet and scatter the potatoes evenly in the pan. Sprinkle with salt and cook for 4 minutes without disturbing.
5. Lower the heat, flip the potatoes, and cook for 5 more minutes.