- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 pound sole, haddock or other white fish fillets , cut into 4 portions
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish; thoroughly dredge fillets (discard any leftover flour).
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish, working in batches if necessary, and cook until lightly browned and just opaque in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve immediately.