- 1 1/1 cups edamame (green soy beans) cooked and shelled
- 2 tablespoons tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- ½ cup water, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Black and white sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
1. In a food processor, blend soybeans, tahini, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, pepper, and one teaspoon of olive oil until smooth. Add more water if needed.
2. Place in a bowl and top with the remainder oil and sesame seed garnish if desired.
3. Chill before serving.
Edamame hummus is incredibly versatile. Serve as with your favorite vegetables, whole grain crackers, or whole wheat pita. Try replacing the mayonnaise on a sandwich or in a wrap with this hummus to add more protein, fiber, and flavor to your lunch. Add cheese to your sandwich or a glass of milk to meet DASH guidelines.