- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup whole cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
1. Pound chicken slightly and sprinkle with pepper. In a large pan, brown chicken in butter.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
3. Remove the lid and boil until the sauce is desired thickness.
Cranberries are in their peak season from October through December which is why they are so popular during the holiday season. Rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, cranberries help keep your immune system at its peak performance during the cold winter months. Serve with your favorite whole-grain, steamed vegetables, and glass of chilled milk to make this DASH meal complete.