- 9 ounces fresh fettuccine or tagliatelle or 6 ounces dried fettuccine or tagliatelle, broken
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive or cooking oil
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears, bias-sliced into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto or fully cooked lean ham or turkey ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a 4-quart Dutch oven or large saucepan cook pasta in boiling water according to the package directions; drain. Return to the same pan. Keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet cook fennel in hot oil for 3 minutes. Add asparagus; cook for 4 minutes or until nearly tender. Add tomatoes and prosciutto; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add fennel mixture to pasta, tossing gently to mix. Divide mixture among 3 dinner plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 3 servings.