- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck pot roast
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 9-ounce package frozen Italian green beans
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1-inch pieces. Place meat in a 3-1/2- to 4-1/2-quart slow cooker. Add squash, onions, and garlic. Stir in beef broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, pepper, and allspice.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
3. If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting. In a small bowl, combine cold water and cornstarch. Stir cornstarch mixture and green beans into mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook about 15 minutes more or until thickened. Makes 6 (1 1/3-cup) servings.