- 4 4-ounce fresh or frozen cod or other fish fillets
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup green sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 3/4 cup red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 lemon, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Measure thickness of fish; set aside.
2. In a 10-inch skillet, combine chicken broth, onion, oregano, lemon peel, lemon juice, and garlic. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Arrange fish fillets in onion mixture. Add peppers. Cover and simmer over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes for each 1/2-inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Use a slotted spoon to transfer fish and vegetable mixture to a serving platter. Keep warm.
4. Combine cornstarch and water. Add to pan juices. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Spoon atop fish and vegetables. Garnish with lemon. Makes 4 servings.