- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 3 large bananas, mashed (~1.5 cups)
- ½ cup plain, 0% fat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Prep the muffin tin with either cupcake liners or cooking spray.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl (flour, oats, soda, flaxseed).
4. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (banana, yogurt, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla)
5. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Batter should be lumpy. Do not over mix.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not batter.
Nutrient-rich muffins are handy for quick breakfast. Boost protein and calcium by eating muffins with a cup of yogurt or a glass of milk.