3 cups wheat bran flakes cereal (such as Bran Flakes)
3/4 cup golden raisins or dried mixed fruit
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Spread oats and almonds evenly in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Stir well; continue to bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine the honey, oil, cinnamon, salt, and cloves in a large bowl. Add the warm, toasted, oat mixture to bowl; toss well. Line the previously used baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray. Return the mixture to the pan, and bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
4. Break the oat mixture into chunks; toss with the cereal and the raisins. Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
Sarah Carter is a health coach and dash diet advocate. Once Struggling with weight and hypertension, she turned to the dash diet which helped her to keep her hypertension in check and helped her keeping active and healthy lifestyle. She now actively blogs and coaches clients in discovering a new and healthy eating lifestyle.
Discover The Exact Recipes I Used To Naturally Reduce My High Blood Pressure. 100% FREE! Subscribe To The Dash Diet Recipe Newsletter!
DASH Diet PDF
We Hate Spam. Your Information is Safe!
Find us on Facebook
About The Dash Diet
We're committed to bringing you the best in health and helping you discover the wonderful world of the DASH diet. If you're looking to control your blood pressure, hypertension, or just looking to get into great health, we're here to help.
- Increase intake of fiber, potassium, calcium and magnesium
- Keep fat at low levels (7-8% of total calories), especially saturated fat
- Keep sodium at low to moderate levels (2400-3000mg/day)