- 4 6-oz. chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 Tbsp
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 4 pita pockets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 1 tsp clover honey
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 8 oz. Feta cheese, in small cubes
1. Put chicken in a baking dish. Combine oregano with 1/4 cup of olive oil in a blender; process until smooth. Coat chicken with marinade, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes. Remove breasts from marinade; season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat oven to 300°F. Wrap pitas in foil and warm in the oven.
3. Heat 2 Tbsp of oil in a large nonstick pan over high heat. Cook chicken until golden brown, 4 minutes per side. Remove; let rest 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
4. Whisk lemon juice, red-wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Slowly whisk in extra-virgin olive oil. Add remaining ingredients; toss.
5. Remove pitas from oven; halve. Fill with salad.