- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 small red sweet pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 green onion, sliced
1. For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons of the salad oil, the water, sugar, thyme,1/4 teaspoon of the onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper, the garlic powder, and the mustard. Cover and shake well. Chill until serving time.
2. In a small bowl combine remaining 1 tablespoon salad oil, remaining 1 teaspoon onion powder, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, the black pepper, and salt. Brush all of the oil mixture on the chicken.
3. Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees ;F), turning once halfway through grilling time.
4. To serve, in a large serving bowl combine salad greens, carrot, red sweet pepper, and green onion. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add chicken and dressing to salad. Toss to coat. Makes 6 servings