- 2 cups chopped, cored Gala apples
- 1 Anaheim chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt and black pepper
- GRILLED CHICKEN:
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Prepare Salsa: In medium bowl, combine apples, chili pepper, onion, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste; cover and set aside while preparing chicken. (If making several hours or day ahead, refrigerate salsa.)
2. Prepare Grilled Chicken: In large bowl, combine white wine, apple juice, lime zest, salt, and pepper. Cut chicken breasts in half for a total of four pieces. Add chicken and turn to coat with mixture; cover and refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.
3. Heat grill. Drain and discard chicken marinade. Grill chicken until cooked through; serve with salsa.
Apples are an excellent way to add flavor and variety to many dishes. Apples are handy to keep in stock because they are versatile and keep fresh for a long time. They are also high in fiber and are a good source of antioxidants. Add steamed vegetables, one cup of brown rice, and a glass of low-fat milk to make this a complete meal.