- 2 turkey breast tenderloins (about 2 pounds)
- 1 medium eggplant (1 pound)
- 1 pound green or yellow squash
- 3 plum tomatoes cut in half
- Nonstick spray
- FOR MARINADE:
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Pinch of pepper
1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil
2. For the marinade: whisk ingredients together in a bowl. Put ¾ of the marinade in a large zip-top bag with turkey, and set the remaining ¼ of marinade aside. Seal the bag and turn to coat the turkey. Refrigerate 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, slice eggplant and squash ½ inch thick. Place with tomatoes on baking sheet, coat with non-stick spray.
4. Heat outdoor grill or stovetop grill pan. Place turkey on grill (discard bag with marinade). Grill 7-9 minutes per side until and instant read thermometer reads at least 170 degrees F. Remove and cover loosely with foil.
5. Grill eggplant and zucchini 4 minutes per side until just tender; grill tomatoes 2 minutes per side until charred but not soft. Cut vegetables into bite size pieces, toss gently with the reserved marinade. Serve with sliced turkey.
Grilling lean proteins and vegetables is a fantastic way to intensify flavor without the need for extra salt. Lemon juice adds some zing to the marinade while fresh garlic and rosemary pack in more flavor.