- 1 1/4 cups cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 uncooked prepared pie shell
- for a 9-inch pie
- 12 pecan halves, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl, combine the potatoes, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs; mix in the yogurt, milk and butter. Add to the sweet-potato mixture and combine well.
3. Pour the sweet-potato mixture into the pie shell. Place the pecans in a circle around the outside edge of the top. Bake in the center of the oven for 45 minutes, or until the tip of a knife comes out clean when tested.